Sachu Technologies offering Electrical Safety Audit to avoid Electrical hazards continue to threaten safety of people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks are to be managed effectively. In process industries, Plants fires due to electrical reasons are very probable, especially in industries that handle flammable chemicals. In service industries such as Software companies, information technology, telecommunications, banking and other commercial establishments, business interruption losses due to electrical hazards
(fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
Typical scope of Electrical Safety study
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Central Electricity Authority/Indian Electricity Rules.
- Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical safety solutions
- Review of plant lightning protection system (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance)
- Review of static electricity hazards in the plant operations (if applicable)
- Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flameproof electrical equipment in the plant, including maintenance aspects (if applicable)
- Review of electrical preventive maintenance system (including tests, documentation, history cards, etc).
- Review of electrical accidents and near misses in the plant to identify the root causes
- Review of electrical systems & procedures (work permits, interlocks, lockout tags, etc).
- Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous electrical risk identification, etc.
- Assessing the integrity of insulation of cables by carrying out insulation resistance tests on a sample basis
- Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including sample earth resistance
- To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compared against cable current carrying capacity calculation
- Pre-Audit Questionnaire ,Audit,Physical Inspection,Tests,Discussion
- Document review,Management Briefing,Draft Report Submission
- Final Report Submission
Electrical Audit consists of Studying, Assessing, Measuring and Analyzing electrical utilities. In a typical Plant the electrical utilities consists of
- Substations and / or Transformers
- Power Distribution System (PCC, MCC)
- Metering and Monitoring System
- Blowers, ID / FD Fans
- Lighting Etc.
Electrical Safety Audit has become crucial to the proper maintenance of the Facility .Electrical Safety Audit is conducted to investigate if complaints and concerns by workers regarding electrical safety is substantiated and if there are other electrical safety or general safety hazards at the facility that should be addressed. The audit focus on current electrical safety conditions, and selected other safety measures for the facility. The Electrical Audit report mainly consists of detailed analysis of the measurements, tables, pictures, graphical depictions and important calculations. Energy saving recommendations are also included in the Report .